We’ve called this the season of giving, the season of light, the season of all things merry and bright. But… let’s not forget… the season of the cookie!
Cookie swaps, cookie trays given as gifts, cookie tins in the workplace kitchen or staffroom… they are everywhere during the holidays. Especially during the holidays!
We know you all have your favorite cookie recipe, the one you bake each year for the holidays and have perfected over time and with each batch you’ve pulled from the oven. We wouldn’t dream of trying to replace that cookie on your agenda this holiday season.
What we’re proposing is that you give this sweet little holiday cookie a try. We’ve heard it called the Perfect Honey Cookie. Perfect for the Christmas and holiday season, perfect for gift giving, and perfect to eat warm, right out of the oven. Shhh, we won’t tell if you won’t!
Let us know what you think of this recipe, which has the seasonal scent of cinnamon combined with the sweetness of all-natural honey and the ingredient that makes everything taste good… butter.
INSERT PIC OF HONEY
This perfect honey cookie couldn’t be easier, or tastier.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 1/4 cup Little Bee Honey
- 3 and 1/4 cups of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- Combine butter and sugar until well mixed
- Add eggs and mix well
- Add honey
- Add remaining dry ingredients, mixing well
- Shape dough into half-inch balls
- Place onto a lined baking sheet, or baking stone, leaving 2 inches between each cookie
- Bake at 350 degrees, for approximately 12-14 minutes, or until cookies are very lightly browned.
- Will make approximately 36 cookies.
* This recipe was originally credited to the Nitra Ladies Auxiliary
Whatever your holiday season looks like this year, we hope that Little Bee of Connecticut will become a part of your special traditions. We would love to hear from you, especially if you have purchased any of our products or tried the recipes we share in our blog posts.
Don’t forget to follow @littlebeeofct on Instagram and Facebook where we post daily on our favorite subject… honeybees and candles and decorating and entertaining…you get the idea.